Monday, December 27, 2010

Guess there's no Santa

For the five of you that actually follow me, you'll recall that last time I posted of my desire to get a huge publishing contract for Christmas. Of course, it was tongue in cheek. That being said, I would've loved to at least get an offer of representation or a bite from an interested agent.

I'm here to say it should come as no surprise that I didn't get either. My email in box was pretty quiet those few days. I can't say I'm surprised.  Besides the fact that most of the agents I've queried have already rejected me, I hear this time of year is the worst to submit. Many agents are taking extended vacations to spend much needed time with their families. Even then, they're working tirelessly to get caught up on those backlogged submissions and can't make time to get to new ones. Having been in this business so long, I understand the process. Still, it would've been nice.

So I didn't get that lucrative contract or offer or nibble, but I did have a nice time with my family. I set aside my writing and let some dust collect on my lap top in favor of enjoying the company of my husband and kids and other family members. It was just what I needed. The old fingers are itching to hit the keyboard for my latest creation.

Maybe not getting what I wanted means there's no Santa, but that's okay. Time to say goodbye to 2010 with the hearty promise that I will make 2011 a fruitful year in all aspects of my life.

Happy New Year, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment