Wednesday, November 21, 2018

A Thankful Writer's List


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. For those of us in the U.S. we celebrate by getting together with friends and family and stuffing ourselves past our limits. Then, we sit around watching football and whining about being too full, only to go back later for another round. Sounds fun, right?

Some families have a tradition of having each person go around the table to say what they’re thankful for. We don’t do that in our house, but I am thankful for so many things. And yes, I am going to tell you what they are.

I’m thankful for my husband, for too many reasons to name. When it comes to my writing career, he listens to me when I go on and on and on about how my latest book or promotion campaign is doing and he never rolls his eyes. This man maintains my website. He designs most of my covers and puts up with my endless revisions. He also creates all of the graphics I use in my promotions. Every time my computer misbehaves, he drops what he’s doing to fix it for me. He does all of this without complaint. The support he gives me makes all the difference.

I’m thankful for my daughters. One is my biggest cheerleader. She likes all of my social media posts, tells me how to make them better and shares them. All of her friends know every time I have a new book out. The other daughter is quietly supportive. Even though, she heaves a sigh when her friends ask what kind of books I write, she always answers. And I know she’s proud of me.

I’m thankful for the readers who buy my books. Those who took a chance on me and have been with me since my Wattpad days. Those who read everything I write. Those who like all of my posts on all of my social media platforms. Those who review my books. Those who like my Facebook page and joined my Facebook group. You are the reason I keep writing on the days I think I have no talent. Your support and words of encouragement and even enthusiasm remind me that I should never give up.

I’m thankful for my fellow writers. Some of you give me advice. Some of you share my work on your reader’s groups. Some of you do both. You boost my spirits and sometimes my sales. There are too many of you to personally thank, but I hope you know who you are.

I’m thankful to every author who took a chance and wrote a book and shared it with the world. Your stories give me joy as a reader and help me be a better writer. They remind me to work harder, to write better and to never give up.

I’m thankful to have recently achieved a longtime goal I’ve had as a writer. With the release of my m/m romance, Going Inksane, I become a best selling author. To be specific, I can now say I am an Amazon best selling author. My readers and my peers made this happen and I do not have enough words to express how much this means to me.
I’m thankful for every day that I get to write. Whether it’s one page or one hundred, it means a lot. I’ve been writing since I was a kid, but there was a time in my life when I put writing on the back burner. I stopped writing to concentrate on raising a family so I can’t regret that, but it was difficult to get those creative juices flowing again. I’m grateful they returned.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope you have as much to be thankful for as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment