Monday, October 8, 2018

That's Inksane

No, that title is not a misprint. That's exactly what I meant.


If you follow me on social media, you know that for the last few months, I’ve been talking about my latest book. Other than the fact that it’s a male/male romance and will be the first in a five book series, I haven’t shared many details. Well, that changes today.

I didn’t plan to write this book or series. Earlier in the year, I’d mapped out the six book series that I wanted to write. Each book has a synopsis, three have completed covers and two have been written and released. I was all set to write the third book when it happened.

An idea for a new series popped into my head. Once I did the outline, the characters for the first book became insistent. The story would not stop trying to write itself in my head, leaving me two choices. Either write the story or face losing what I’d come up with so far. I chose to write the story.

As of today, that story has been written, the cover has been done and it’s been formatted. Best of all, the book is already up for pre-order in the Amazon store and will be released 10/16/18. And for you Kindle Unlimited subscribers, you'll be happy to hear, I'm putting this one in KU so you can read for free.

The book is called Going Insksane, which also happens to be name of the tattoo shop where one of the main characters works. It’s not just the name of Heath’s business. It’s the story of his life.

For the last five years, Heath Mitchell’s only priority has been running a successful tattoo shop. Relationships haven’t been on his radar, but as his thirtieth birthday gets closer, Heath realizes just how lonely he is. Like an answer to his prayers, Ned Nice comes into his shop. Despite the instant attraction between them, a dark secret in Ned’s past makes him afraid to get too close to Heath. Ned isn’t the only one with secrets though. Heath is hiding a secret so big it could be a deal breaker. Can Heath and Ned find a way to overcome the demons of their pasts, or is it insane to even try?

Going Inskane is the first in a five book series, there will be a larger gap between releases than readers are used to from me. I still want to finish the last four books in my New Beginnings series with Slade's story being the next one scheduled for release. In order to do justice to both series, I will be alternating releases. After Slade's book is out, then it will be time to release the next Ink book and so on and so forth.

I’ve never tried to write more than one series at a time so this will be interesting. And I sure didn’t plan it this way, but I’d say that Going Inksane is a topical title for this undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment