Thursday, March 1, 2018

It's My Birthday; Almost



Exactly one week from today, I’ll be celebrating my birthday. Last week, the big question came up. What do you want for your birthday? Some of you might know the answer to that question since it hasn’t changed in the last few years, but here it is. Some cheap and easy ideas to make this author’s birthday one for the record books.

I want to be a best-selling author. It can be the New York Times or USA Today. It can even be Amazon. Better yet, it could be all three, but I’m not picky. I’d be happy to start with reaching just one of those lists. In order to do that, I need your help. I’ve done all I can. I’ve written the books. It’s up to all of you to buy them and enlist your friends and family to do the same.

I know what I’m asking. There are a lot of titles out there. Spending the money to buy all of them can add up. Along that vein, buying even one of my books is an amazing gift to me. It tells me that you are interested in my work and want to read it. Hopefully after you do, you’ll want to keep reading it.

If you want to get me a gift that won’t cost you a dime then review any or all of my books on Amazon. Reviews are an author’s life blood. Yes, sales are important, but your reviews let us know how you feel about the book. If you loved it, we want to know. Gushing reviews make our day. If you hated it, we want to know. Maybe your insight can help us figure out where we went wrong so we can improve our next story. Of everything you can get me next Thursday, this is the one thing that is easiest for you and means so much to me.

What else could you get? How about promotion on your social media? Behind a five star review, I get the biggest kick out of seeing people sharing me and my work on their Twitter, Instagram, Tumbler, Facebook and what not. It’s so flattering to know that you liked my books so much that you’re taking the time to share them with others. Every time I see something like that, you better believe I’m sharing it with everyone I know.

There you have it. It's not much, but it's what I want. I can't think of another author who wouldn't be happy with any of these gifts. Be sure to check back in the next two weeks, and I'll let you know if any of my wishes came true!

No comments:

Post a Comment