Thursday, August 17, 2017

Now What?

When I find an author that's new to me, if I like the book I read, I'll go in search of everything else she wrote so I can read that as well. This can be a little discouraging when it turns out the book I just read is the author's latest or first release in a series and the next one isn't out yet.

Even though I'm a writer, I will freely admit that I am guilty of being impatient. I look at the book sitting in the new release section for a month or so, and I start doing a mental toe tapping and thinking it's time for the next book. Of course, as a writer, I know better than anyone it's not possible to release books in rapid succession. Well,  not unless you've already got several of the books written and ready to go, which most writers don't.

That being said, it occurred to me that I need to give you an update on what's next for me. It's been two weeks since Going Even Wilder was released. Going Even Wilder is a kindle world novella, the second I've done in the last year. So, now what?

My next book will actually be out in November. It's a romantic suspense novella entitled Missing Out that's part of the Chandler County series. It's currently in the editing stage and then will be sent for formatting. It will be available in preorder in September.

While Missing Out is being edited, I've already gotten started on my next book. The Truth Inside will be the first book in my New Beginnings new adult series, and I've got good news. There are currently six books planned for my New Beginnings series, but it's more likely to stretch to ten or more, provided you enjoy the first few.

Next year, I am also going to join the Romance Writers Association. You want to know this because it means I might be able to start doing author appearances. I don't do them now because I don't know about these conventions and events until it's too late. Being part of the RWA will change that, and I am excited about the possibilty of meeting my readers. It's always so humbling to hear that people like my books.

There you have it. New books and a new series are on the horizon, and I can't wait to share it all with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment