Thursday, January 5, 2017

This Year



Happy New Year, everyone! Can you believe it’s already 2017? To close out 2016, I did a post highlighting what I had accomplished for the year. With that in mind, it makes sense to start out 2017 by telling you what I have planned for this year. Here we go…

This year, I will be releasing the last two books in the Kinkaid Brothers series. Change Up, the first book, was released late last year. Heading for Home and Triple Play will both be released this year. Heading for Home is currently being edited and will soon be sent for formatting so its release is closer than you think. Triple Play is still being written, but it will be out this year as well and will close out the series.

The end of the Kinkaid Brothers series will also bring an end to a group of characters I’ve spent years writing about. My first young adult novel, Like You Mean It, had a supporting character that readers liked and asked for more of. That request led to the four book Time for Love series which brought back some of the old favorites from Like You Mean It and introduced some new characters as well. Those new characters were given their own books in the Taking on Love series. It was in one of those books, Taking a Risk, that readers met the Kinkaid brothers and asked for more of them. It still amazes me that one book could have such a ripple effect, but here we are.

This year, I will also be releasing at least one book in my new adult romance series which is tentatively entitled Second Chance Boys. I’m extremely excited to embark on this new adventure in a new genre. Each book in the Second Chance Boys series will feature a new couple facing new challenges that today’s young adults can relate to. In fact, I’m so jazzed about this series that I’m having a hard time not jumping ahead and writing them now, but never fear. The Kinkaid Brothers will be finished before that happens.

This year, I will more aggressively promote my books, especially my new adult release. There will be more contests and giveaways on my social media that will help generate a buzz. I will also be doing more book tours and actively seeking more reviews. I am determined to get more exposure for my work this year.

This year, my website will be getting an overhaul. I hope to make it more fun and eye catching so that you want to keep coming back. While I did have some changes made last year, I want to go bigger and better this year.

This year, I am going to participate in another group project with my fellow authors. I can’t say much about it yet, but I’m supposed to release that book in November.

This year, I am hopeful I will finally become a best-selling author. It’s been almost twelve years since I’ve been a professional writer. I’ve released a total of 15 books in the last twelve years and not one of them has reached best-selling status yet, but that doesn’t mean I’m giving up. Each year, my writing gets better which improves my chances. Let’s hope this year I break that glass ceiling.

This year, I am going to kick some writing butt! I am going to make the most of the year and I’m looking forward to seeing what it brings. Who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment