Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Where Have I Been?



You may have noticed that it’s been a while since I posted a new blog. You may also have noticed that my Twitter and Instagram accounts have been silent while my Facebook posts have been few and far between. If you have, I’m sure you’re wondering where I am.

Some of you already know the answer to that question.

Recently, I was diagnosed with having sludge in my gall bladder. Until I received the diagnosis, I’d never heard of such a thing, but it’s real. There is no treatment beyond having surgery to remove the gall bladder. Either that or live with the constant front to back pain and the inability to eat the foods I love.

I opted for surgery and was a little surprised when I learned I’d need two weeks to recover. The few people I know who have had their gall bladders removed told me they bounced back in a week. I expected to do the same. I honestly thought I’d spend the first few days feeling bad because of the surgery and then I’d get better each day. I expected that by week two, I’d be bored and would either be begging to go back to work or would spend the rest of my time off working on my second book in the Kinkaid Brothers trilogy.

I did spend a few days after surgery feeling bad, but the rest was far from what was expected. When my appetite returned, it was a fraction of what it was before. I suppose that’s lucky for me considering that eating was a risk. There were some days I would eat and within an hour I would be doubled over with stomach cramps and then become violently ill. Some days, I was just sick all day. In the two weeks since the surgery, I’ve had only one or two days that I did not get sick after eating one of my meals. Considering I’ve been eating a very bland, low fat diet, this is pretty disappointing.

Speed bumps in my recovery aside, I can say I have been getting better every day.  At least I’m getting hungry now. That didn’t happen for a few days. And I am obviously out of bed and have been in front of my computer a few times. I’ve even made it back to my regular day job.

I was down, but I’m never out. My social media accounts will be coming back to life with exciting news of my writing and announcements of fun giveaways among other things. Be sure you stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment