Thursday, April 9, 2015

How Cool is That?



So, I googled my name today, and before you judge me, you know you’ve done it too! This is something I’ve been doing since I became a writer. I’m not usually looking for anything in particular. I’m just looking to see what’s out there. It’s kind of fun and I’ve stumbled across some interesting things over the last few years.

Most of the time, I don’t find anything earth shaking. Usually, it’s online retailers of my books, my website, my social media pages and the like. Today was one of those days where I came across something that went beyond interesting. It was downright cool. It boosted both my spirit and my ego. 

Today, I found something entitled: Synopsis/Extraordinary Will by Trish Edmisten-You Tube. Naturally, I was intrigued, wondering what the heck that could be. When I clicked on the link I was taken to a one minute You Tube video promoting my book!  The video is actually just a picture of my book with the jacket summary and a link to where you can buy the book. This info appears onscreen with some nice background music.

I tried to get a little more info on who did this and why. It seems it was uploaded on March 20, 2015 by Maminha Books.  The about page for this channel is blank, but the tagline seems to be ‘the synopsis of your favorite book’.  Mine isn’t the only book they’ve done something like this for. There are a number of other books this channel has featured. 

I don’t know whose favorite book this is or anything else about Maminha Books, but I can’t say enough about what a great feeling this. Someone likes this book, likes it enough to take the time to create a You Tube video and upload it on their channel to be shared with the entire world. I’m humbled and awed and happy.

Writing is a tough business. It’s hard to put yourself out there and risk getting let down. Things like this are such a nice shot in the arm for my writing career. It’s one more thing I can remember every time I think I don’t have enough reviews or I haven’t sold enough books. Someone likes it. Someone cared. Someone took the time to share that with others.

The video has been up a few weeks and has very few views. If you want to change that, feel free to click the link and check out the video. Comment if you’d like. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-xSZqJcuww

A video on You Tube proclaiming my book is someone’s favorite? How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment