Tuesday, December 2, 2014

All I Want for Christmas



With Thanksgiving now behind me, I’m ready to embrace the Christmas season. Okay, I’m not completely ready. I have to confess I’m in a bit of a panic because I’ve bought a total of four presents which is far less than the number of people I have to shop for. I have to laugh at myself though. Christmas falls on the same day every year, yet I always find myself surprised that it’s “suddenly” upon me; surprised and unprepared.

The start of the Christmas season means I have to answer the big question. What do you want for Christmas?

I don’t know about you, but the older I get, the more difficult it is for me to come up with a realistic answer to that question. Of course I’d love a brand new sports car or a ten-bedroom mansion or a five karat diamond ring (hint for my husband), but those things are well out of reach.

The truth is I’m one of those fortunate people whose needs are already met. I’m also in the even more fortunate category of having reached a point in my life where I can afford to buy something I want. Gone are the days of waiting for a holiday to get the bigger ticket items. If I want a new jacket or a new toaster or a new... You get the picture. 

There’s only one thing I want for Christmas that’s well within everyone’s means but not something I can obtain on my own. That sounds like the start of a bad riddle, but it’s true. It’s also something I’ve asked for in the past.

I want to make the New York Times or USA Today bestseller list. Okay, I’ll admit, I’d love to see my name on both lists, but I’m not greedy. I’ll be happy with one. I’m also not picky. I’ll take either one as they’re equally impressive achievements.

There you have it. Yes, I’ve asked for this gift before. I haven’t gotten it yet, but I have a feeling I’m due. The holiday season is a great time to buy and both books in the Time for Love series are only 99 cents. With as much spending that takes place during this time of year, that’s hardly noticeable. So, maybe, just maybe my family, friends and all of my readers will make my Christmas dream come true.

Even if it doesn’t happen, you should know two things. First, I’ll never stop writing for you. As long as even one person likes my books, it’s worth it to keep going. Second, I’ll never give up on this dream.

Happy Holidays, everyone! May you get all you need and hopefully some things you want. And yes, I will let you know if my wish comes true.

No comments:

Post a Comment