Monday, January 14, 2013

2013 Here I Come



Let me first say a belated Happy New Year to all of you. 

Since it’s been a few weeks since I last posted, I’m sure some of you are wondering where I’ve been or if I abandoned my blog. Having spent the holidays with my family, I’m recharged and ready to attack 2013 with a new resolve. After this many years in the writing business, I’ve decided it’s time to kick things up a notch.

No, it’s not out with the old and in with the new. If that were the case, I wouldn’t have spent so much of my recent time preparing my entries for my two favorite annual writing contests. That’s right, the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards and the Ampersand First Young Adult Novel contest are back, and I’ve entered both.

With the fate of my contest entries out of my hands, it’s time for me to focus on the things I can do something about. It’s time to get my work into the hands of more readers, and I’ve already got a plan for making that happen. Having a plan is useful for any situation but this is especially true for authors looking to make a name for themselves.

There have been a great deal of changes in this industry since I first started out that have made it possible for authors to reach a broader audience, specifically the advent of the e-book and the ability to self publish said book. For those of you who know me, I fought this technology tooth and nail. After breaking down and buying an e-reader, I loved it, and it got me thinking. Maybe it’s time to use this technology to my advantage. Having spent the last two years establishing a large online following, if I do say so myself, I think it’s time to parlay that small success into something greater.  

First and foremost, I need to write a good story that I know my fans will love. Rest assured I’m already on that track. In fact, I’m writing the story many of my fans have asked for. Since I want the story to be a surprise I won’t say anymore, but stay tuned.

This is going to be a year of big changes for me, changes I’m excited to be able to share with all of you in the coming year. 2013 here I come! Hope you're ready because I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment